As a motherhood photographer, I get to be there for my clients during such a special time in their lives. From the maternity photoshoot to the newborn session and beyond, I get to know my clients and their families and treasure each session with them.
Choosing a meaningful maternity session location is a must. I want my mamas to feel beautiful and excited for their session, and part of that is finding a location that she will love. When this gorgeous mama wanted her maternity session at the beach, I knew the perfect place.
Jenness State Beach is a popular state New Hampshire State Park and for a good reason! It offers a beautiful beach with the amenities of a state park (Hello, bathrooms). I get to show off this gorgeous session while telling you more about this location.
Planning Your Jenness State Beach Maternity Session
Here are just a couple of tips to think about as you prepare for your beach maternity session!
- Time of Day – I typically schedule maternity sessions an hour or so before sunset so we can get that golden light. This way, we also will avoid most of the crowd. The summertime sees lots of summers and beachgoers, so we want to try and avoid this as much as possible.
- Prepare for Some Walking – We’ll do a little bit of walking around, so prepare for that. Feel free to bring a beach bag with water and maybe a snack or two (or three). Speaking of walking.
- Barefoot – You’ll likely want to be barefoot during the session so that we can capture your gorgeous portrait while standing in the sand or even in the waves.
- Dress Appropriately – If you wear a dress, it will get sandy and wet so wear something that you’ll feel beautiful in and that you don’t care about it getting dirty. Don’t be afraid to get in the water! Be sure to check out my extensive Client Wardrobe for the perfect dress.
- Show Off Your Bump – No matter what, this is about you and your beautiful baby! Don’t worry about anyone else, and just focus on me. It’s your time to show off your beautiful bump and feel excited about your baby.
Those are the big tips! I’m there to guide my clients throughout the entire process of planning their sessions and am always happy to answer any questions or provide support.
Beach Maternity Photographer | New Hampshire
As you can sea (pun intended), I’m passionate about capturing expecting mamas where they will look and feel their most confident for the session. Luckily, we live in an area that offers ample beaches to choose from, and since I’ve photographed at pretty much all of them, I can offer advice on which one is best for you! If you’d like to schedule your maternity photoshoot with me, please click here. I also invite you to join my online community The Village for Seacoast Moms.