We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world! We have mountains close by, historic landmarks, farms, woods, and incredible beaches.
It’s no wonder that many of our Seacoast high school seniors request their senior photos to be on the beach, and I’m 100% for it. The best part about our beaches in the New Hampshire and Maine area is that there are different types of beaches to fit your style. There are more sandy beaches to rocky beaches to those with iconic lighthouses.
Let me share my favorite beaches with you and why. Please feel free to look for more about my signature Senior Portrait experience here after you read this post.
6 Beaches for Senior Portraits in New Hampshire and Maine
1. Great Island Common in Newcastle, NH – This seaside park and beach is a great spot for senior photos! This beach has rocky spots and a few sandy spots. The green space and park offer a few opportunities for outdoorsy backdrops.
2. Fort Foster in Kittery, Maine – This historic fort offers a gorgeous view of the rocky beach that overlooks Portsmouth Harbor. There is a 2-mile walk with lots of great spots to capture senior portraits.
3. Fort Stark in Newcastle, NH – Another historic fort that my seniors love! Here we have an old fort that looks really cool as backdrops as well as a great beach. Don’t let the rocky beach fool you; this spot results in gorgeous photos.
4. Hampton Beach State Park in Hampton NH – This sandy beach is popular for swimmers and visitors. We typically schedule senior portrait sessions closer to sunset, so we’ll avoid most of the crowds. This beach offers beautiful sunset photo opps.
5. Footbridge Beach in Ogunquit Maine – Beach plus charming footbridge, yes, please! I love using the footbridge and surrounding areas as a backdrop for my senior portraits. The sandy beach at the end of the footbridge is the perfect spot for photos.
6. Odiorne Point in Rye NH – New England forest meets the rocky beach in this park. I have a few favorite spots at this location to capture my seniors near the forest’s edge and along the rocky coastline.
Beach Senior Photographer
As a proud Seacoaster, I know all of the best spots for senior portraits. Some that I didn’t list here (I can’t give away all my secrets!). I want my seniors to feel excited and confident about their senior session, and part of that by helping them choose a meaningful location. Whether that’s the beach, a park, or somewhere else, we’ll work together to find the perfect spot for your treasured senior portraits. If you’re ready to schedule a chat, please click here to send me a message. If you’re not quite ready and just researching, please feel free to join my email community here to stay in the know about all that’s happening around here.
BONUS TIP: Be sure to lock in a date to get a family photo at the beach before they head off to college or work in the fall…YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!