There are some days that I just want to get out and “play” with my camera. A few weeks ago, I grabbed my brother to be my assistant so that I could photograph my own children. Usually, this entails a LOT of bribery AND a few meltdowns…but this day was so fun and they did such a great job (minus one wardrobe meltdown). This goes down as the best session that I have ever had with my own kids.
I tried out some new tricks (red light/green light and “tackle your brother”) to help with make these 3 interact and it worked like a charm. They had so much fun playing games, finding flowers and running through the fields that they forgot we were having a photo session.
As a Children’s Photographer in Exeter, NH, I pride myself on making my family sessions a lot of fun. I know how stressful it can be to “get the shot” but I guarantee that if we start off playing, by the end of the session, kids are having so much fun that they don’t want it to end.
Raynes Farm in Exeter, NH is one of my favorite spots in the fall to photograph families. I love the big open fields, walking trails, great foliage AND the big red barn that kids just LOVE to play around.
This night was so special to me and my kids are still talking about it. I was lucky enough to jump into a quick shot that my brother took and I am in love with it. No, it isn’t a perfectly posed photo – it is real and I LOVE IT!
Have you booked your fall family session yet? I still have a couple dates available. Contact me today to set up a FREE phone consultation. Sign up below to become a White Wave Photography VIP and get your FREE Client Guide delivered right to your email. This full guide walks you through every step of your session from picking a location, choosing your wardrobe and creating beautiful wall galleries. I look forward to hearing from you and capturing real moments with your family this fall.
As a Family Photographer in New Hampshire, the winters are long and cold so I long for a nice warm getaway. As I am preparing to go on a short getaway with my BFF to Punta Cana in a few days, I thought that I would share some of my favorite travel destinations. Whether is is a trip with your husband, your best friend or with the whole family, it is important for moms (and dads) to get a break from the everyday hustle and bustle. This could be my most favorite blog yet! I LOVE to travel so I have been to a lot of places but these are my favorites and all for different reasons.
TOP 5 VACATION SPOTS FOR MOMS
1. St. John, USVI – This is of course number one on my list because I have been here the most. This small island in the US Virgin Islands is my happy place. I have gone here on my honeymoon, a trip with a big group of friends, with my BFF and then just recently with my husband and two of our very best friends. One of these days we plan to take the kids. There are the most beautiful beaches, it is easy to get around and everyone on the island is SO FRIENDLY. When we go, we rent a jeep, rent a villa (usually through HomeAway or Airbnb) and usually do some sort of boat excursion. Mainly our time is spent on the water!
2. Belize – My husband and I went here a few years ago and had the most amazing time. This is on our list to do again when the kids get older. We did 4 days in the rainforest which was amazing and spent the remainder of our time swinging in hammocks at the beach resort. I highly recommend Coppola Resorts. The history of the Mayan culture is amazing, the food is unreal and the views completely breathtaking. There is also a ton to do! We went zip lining, snorkeling, canoeing in caves, boating to see the manatees and hiked to see the ruins. It was a trip of a lifetime!
3. San Juan – This is a trip to do with JUST YOUR GIRLS! Cheap direct flights from Boston, nice hotels right on the beach and the beachside service is awesome. Just find a beach chair and umbrella and enjoy the view. I love this trip for a short trip just to get away from the cold and to chill with the girls. The San Juan Water Beach Club was super cute and had the best roof top bar.
4. Cape Cod, Massachusetts – If you can’t jump on a plane then just two and a half hours south of Southern New Hampshire, you have the beautiful beaches of Cape Cod. Our family is from the Cape so we try to go down every summer for an extended stay where the kids can hang out with their cousins and we can relax on the beach. Again, HomeAway and Airbnb are the way to go. You can rent and entire house pretty reasonable for an entire week. Grab a beach sticker at the town hall in Brewster and visit my favorite Paines Creek.
5. Sugarloaf, Maine – If you are a ski bunny like me you probably spend you weekends in the winter on the slopes. Well just 4 hours north of Portsmouth, NH you will find what I think is the best skiing in the east at Sugarloaf Resort in Carrabassett Valley, Maine. As a mom of 3 with a husband who doesn’t ski, I am always looking for a place to make it easier on me to bring the kids skiing and Sugarloaf is hands down the best when it comes to kids programs. I can drop my little ones off at ski school and know that they are having a blast while I do a few runs with my girlfriends or relax reading a book by the fire. Even little Charlianne who is only 2 has had a blast skiing at the LOAF
I hope that you get to book a trip to one of these amazing places real soon. To keep up to date on the happenings at White Wave Photography and gain exclusive access to holiday limited edition sessions as well as fall and beach sessions please sign up below to be a VIP. Contact me today to book this years family session.
Maecenas faucibus mollis interdum. Maecenas sed diam eget risus varius blandit sit amet non magna.