While the world had stopped due to COVID-19 back in April of 2020, here in Newfields, NH we put on one heck of a parade for a special little 4 year old who had just beat cancer!!!! Jack’s mom Rebecca had posted in the local community page asking for a special favor from her “tiny town” and boy did the town STEP UP!
“We would love to give him a parade to celebrate this milestone,” she wrote. “He doesn’t quite understand what this means, but our family would appreciate marking the day with something that makes him happy.”
The response from the community was overwhelming.
A parade of more than 100 cars drove by the Winter family home on Exeter Road Tuesday, honking, holding out balloons and signs like “Jack you Rock” and “You did it.”
As a family photographer in Newfields, NH, these types of events touch me to my soul and after meeting Jack and his family back when he was first diagnosed, I knew that I had to be there to capture this amazing event. There was not a dry eye in the whole town. The Newfields Fire & Police Departments did an amazing job helping to coordinate this “super hero” parade and people as far as Massachusetts drove to be a part of it!
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and once again this year White Wave Photography will be donating 10% of ALL SESSION FEES AND SALES booked in the month of September to childhood cancer research! Today, we will be sending a check for $833 to the Jimmy Find Clinic and Dana Farber Cancer Institute in honor of Jack Jack and fellow Newfields Cancer Warrior Super Joe.
Thank you to all of the amazing WWP Clients who have made this donation possible!
To learn more about White Wave Photography or get information about booking a family session please contact Jennie today. I would LOVE to chat!
Baby Andrew was one of my very first “Simply Baby” Sessions and he was such a joy to photograph. Andrew’s mama and I went to college together and I it has been so much fun watching her become a mama and to photographer her two little men. This little dude just turned ONE and although I would love to be photographing his one year session, it is safer during #socialdistancing for me share some of his simple studio newborn photography session from last year. Andrew started his session WIDE awake (just as most newborns do) and we captured some super cute expressions and even gave me a few grins. Once he was wrapped up, he passed right out and was a dream to work with.
There is just something about the simplicity of a plain white onesie and a simple white background that I just love. Baby details stand out and you really get to see their features up close and personal. If you have been following me for a while, you know I LOVE baby toes…like near obsession. These simple sessions are a great way to capture the tiniest of feature like toes, finders, lips, hair and eyes. These natural baby-led sessions are some of my favorites and I can’t wait to do more when we are allowed back in the studio.
Let’s be real – the last few weeks of isolation have been rough on everyone. As a birth and newborn photographer, I have struggled not being able to support mamas and photograph these tiny little humans, so I will be sharing some of my favorite sessions over the next few weeks. My heart goes out to all of the new mamas giving birth during this time. I look forward to being back in the studio soon but for now, I wanted to share a few ways that I can help you during this time.
- FREE Downloadable Guide taking Fresh 48 Hospital – Since I can’t be in the hospital with you these days photographing your sweet new babies, I wanted to come up with a way to help you document those first few days on your own. I have created a FREE Downloadable Guide taking Fresh 48 Hospital pictures of your own baby during social distancing in New Hampshire. Download your FREE Guide Here: https://bit.ly/WWP_5TIPS_Hospital Feel free to share with any of your friends/family who are expecting!
- Online Community Support: I have created a Private Facebook Group for Moms where we are currently doing a 30-Day Photo Challenge but it is also where I share a TON of online support for my mamas. All of my birth colleagues have been sharing virtual education and support since this COVID-19 crisis and I have been sharing a TON of it in this group. Check it out: White Wave Photography Moms Group
- Kids Activities to Do at Home: For those of you with older kiddos, we are all adapting. New roles of teacher while also running a business has taken a bit of getting used to with 3 kids home now but we are making it work. Are your kids constantly saying that they are bored? Running out of ideas to keep them busy? I have got you covered. Check out this blog post that I did last week: Kids Activities to Do at Home Now, let me be real – I am NOT a Pinterest Mom and I SUCK at baking but we are all doing things these days that we may not normally do. Give yourself grace, enjoy as much as you can and just love on those babies!!!
- Phone Consultations & Advice for Photographing your Newborn: I am still doing phone consultations for spring & summer babies, but what if I JUST had a baby and want to get some photos. Well, we can do a virtual session. What I mean by that is that I will get on a call with you and give you tips and tricks to photograph your baby yourself (even if just with your phone). I know it doesn’t replace a professional newborn session but at least your baby’s first few weeks will be documented. If you are interested in learning more about these “virtual newborn sessions” contact me today.
Stay safe, keep smiling and I hope that some of these things help get you through these uncertain times and know that I am thinking of you all and sending virtual hugs. (Seriously though – I cannot wait to HUG EVERYONE again!)
Fresh 48 Newborn Photography is one of my favorite things. The first few days after having a baby are a whirlwind and capturing those early moments can be tough as a mom when you are healing from birth, learning to breastfeed and trying to get some sleep when your baby is sleeping.
These quick 30-45 minute sessions are a great way to capture these memories. Fresh 48 Sessions are a great option for families who want to capture the first few hours of their newborn’s life but may not want the entire labor or birth documented. This session is held within the first 24-48 hours of your baby’s life. I will join you during your hospital stay to document your new baby in a relaxed and natural way for you to remember his first day forever. I take all of the fuss out of a newborn shoot and you can relax and just enjoy your baby.
How does it work?
- I will put your due date in my calendar as a placeholder for your session
- Once baby arrives, we will set up a time in the first 24-48 hours for me to come and do this quick adorable session
- The first 5 minutes there, I will rearrange the room, pick up and make a plan all while you are just snuggling your baby
- We use the hospital onesies and blankets so there is no need to worry about what to pack for your baby. Those details of fingers, toes and their little lips are all your really need
- I will get some shots of you and your partner with your new bundle. Don’t worry – having 3 babies myself, I know it is hard to get around so we will go at your own pace
- Siblings – these are a great way to document siblings or grandparents meeting the new baby! The reactions are priceless.
Now that you know a little of what to expect, I have a great summer special going on!!! $99 Fresh 48 Sessions!!! If you are due between now and August 31st and are delivering at Exeter Hospital, Portsmouth Hospital or Wentworth Douglass in Dover – contact me today and I will hook you up!
Set up a 15-minute phone consultation and sign up below to download your FREE Client Guide.
Watching my “kid” clients become teenagers is so much fun! I have been photographing this gorgeous girl every year since she was around 6 years old and am so proud of the woman that she is becoming! Teagan will be graduating this evening from Exeter High School and I am so excited to be there as she receives her diploma.
Mom tagged along for her session and just like most moms, the waterworks were flowing! It is hard watching your babies grow up and knowing that they will be heading off to start their adult lives in just a few short months. This is definitely the best reason to invest in senior portraits. I love to capture those final moments of “kids being young”. Before you know it…they are getting married and having their own children.
The sunset at Great Island Common in New Castle was the perfect backdrop for her senior portraits last August. We were even lucky enough to get an amazing sunset!
Congratulations Teagan and the rest of the Exeter High School Class of 2018! Fly High Hawks!!!
Are you a junior? A mom of a junior? I am now booking Exeter High School Senior Portraits for the Class of 2019. Contact me today to set up a 15-minute phone consultation and sign up below to download your FREE Client Guide.