Winter Maternity Photos
Being pregnant in the winter has some perks! First, your sweet baby bump keeps you warmer (maybe too warm). Second, you have the option of taking gorgeous winter maternity photos! Your beautiful baby bump with the backdrop of winter makes a dreamy maternity portrait.
I’m excited to share Bennett’s gorgeous mama’s winter maternity photos while I share a few tips for a great winter maternity session. Plus, you have to admit that winter in the Seacoast can be pretty!
5 Tips for a Great Winter Maternity Session
These five tips will help you plan a beautiful winter maternity session that will result in portraits that you’ll love.
- Choose Your Session Style – First things first, decide what style session you’re going for. For example, are you dreaming of a posed maternity portrait or are you wanting a more playful session? Either option is beautiful but knowing this helps us plan your session.
- Plan for Weather – With any outdoor session, we have to work with the elements! The best winter session has fresh snow, so we’ll try to work around mother nature. Plan for cold and dress appropriately. This leads me to my next tip…
- Dress Comfortably in Colors that Pop –This goes back to the type of session you want and weather considerations. We’ll work together to plan your wardrobe accordingly. You may want a bold maternity dress for a fairytale look. Or maybe you want to play up your winter accessories such as hats and boots.
- Include Your Other Children – If you have other kiddos, I highly recommend we include them (and your partner too!). This is a fun way to capture the anticipation of your entire family and take some family portraits too.
- Choose a Location You Love – Finally, you’ll want a location that you love. This could be a local park that you love to spend time in or the beach. Winter beach photos are so underrated and stunning!
Most of all, you want to find a photographer who will help you take the winter maternity photos that you’re dreaming of and will treasure forever. Don’t trust anyone with a camera to take these! You need an experienced maternity photographer who understands your vision and brings them to life.
Your Exeter Maternity Photographer
As a mom of three, capturing motherhood is important to me. It’s my job to tell your family’s story through professional portraits. These are the photos that you’ll display in your home and look back on the rest of your life.
I want to be there to photograph your glowing pregnancy and baby bump as well as take your precious newborn’s first portraits. If you’re looking for a maternity photographer, let’s chat to see if I’m a good fit for you!