The White Wave Photography Senior Photo Experience
You blink, and your precious baby is now about to graduate high school and head off to her next adventure. If I think about my kids graduating for too long, I feel teary. And I still have a few years to go! I truly understand that this is a special time for your entire family, and I know how to make this a pleasant experience for your kiddo.
I’d love to share more about my senior portrait process with you so that you can feel comfortable and confident when choosing the right photographer for your graduate. Whether they love taking selfies with their friends or they don’t like the spotlight – we’ll make sure to craft an experience around who they are to capture portraits to treasure forever.
Your Senior Session
This is way more than just snapping a few photos. I’ve worked hard to build a senior session that’s fun, laidback, and results in portraits that reflect your senior! Our end goal is to take and display photos, but I like to start by learning more about your senior than building the session around him. This process has laid to even the most resistant senior boy to say, “That’s wasn’t bad.” Curious? Let me show you how it works.
5-Step Senior Portrait Process
- Carefully Crafted Session – I start with asking a few questions to get to know your senior. Questions like, What are your hobbies? Is there a meaningful location? What look are you going for? Starting here helps me craft a session around what’s important to your senior!
- Location Scout – I know alllll the best spots for a senior portrait session, but I’m not afraid to try something new for your senior. Whether you want the beach, studio, park, or somewhere in between. Recently, I went off the trail and into the woods for a gorgeous session.
- Wardrobe Guidance – Sometimes seniors know exactly what they want to wear, and sometimes they have no clue! I’m here to help. I can literally pull things out of the closet and find an outfit she’ll feel cute and comfy wearing.
- Product Selection – This is very 1996 but in a really good way! I go through and choose the best photos to edit. Then, I print them all and invite you to the studio to go through each photo. There’s just something about holding each photo in your hand that helps you decide if this is the yearbook photo or the printed portrait for the living room. Hey, if you want to make it even more 90s with some Kool-Aid and Dunkeraoos, by all means!
- Mom Moment – I highly encourage moms to join the session, even telling moms to be photo-ready. I love capturing a few photos of mama and her baby. I also really need mom with me to tell me if it’s a genuine smile or not. I will pretty much do whatever it takes to get a smile out of even the most resistant senior!
Find Your Senior Photography
This is such an important experience for you and your senior. You need a photographer you can trust to make sure your senior has a good time and takes the portraits you’re dreaming of. That’s why I’ve carefully crafted a senior portrait experience that makes the magic happen! If you’re interested in booking me, please contact me here.